Overview of Sprouting;
- Sprouting is the process by which a seed germinates and puts out shoots. It’s proven that soaking and growing fresh shoots boosts the nutritional qualities of such sprouts by 300 to 1200 percent, and they contain easily digestible omegas content as well. They’re easy to grow at home and can provide a great source of fresh live foods even for those who don’t have space for a vegetable garden.
- Sprouts have a high content of available enzymes which makes them easily digestible, except perhaps for some of the legumes can be difficult to digest without steaming. Some people do not eat young alfalfa shoots because they think they contain carayanine, a substance suspected of causing ill effects by those that consume it.
- They have 10 to 30 times the nutrients than the vegetables they grow into which is why they are considered a true natural super food. The amazing thing is that sunflower sprouts is said to have 30 times the nutrient value and life force of any other sprout. Now we’re at a whole other level of super foods. The Upendo Raw Vegan diet Program is based largely on consuming fresh raw foods like shoots.
- I have been experimenting with sprouting grains. It’s a better option to consume Alkaline grains and seeds.
- The desirable nutritional changes that occur during sprouting are mainly due to the breakdown of complex compounds into a more simple form, transformation into essential constituents and breakdown of nutritionally undesirable constituents.
- Sprouts are also considered pre-digested food by some.
- The seed is getting ready to grow and all the energy is unlocked at this stage.
- The metabolic activity of resting seeds increases as soon as they are hydrated during soaking.
- Complex biochemical changes occur during hydration and subsequent sprouting.
Complex constituents and minerals are broken down and made easier to assimilate with the body. Sprouting increases the energy levels to 20 folds that of a dry seed.
- Many studies have shown an increase in the content of the amino acid Lysine with sprouting. This is one of the Aminos ultimately responsible in protein production in the body.
- Most Raw food diets consists of sprouts. This is a very healthy way to consume grains.
- People with diabetes may find that eating sprouts helps them control their blood sugar levels more effectively. Studies suggest that sprouts can lower blood glucose levels.
- If you have any questions concerning sprouting, let us know more about them by filling out the form below;